CLARESHOLM FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES - Community Calendar HERE.
Claresholm & District FCSS is located at 107 - 50th Avenue West, downtown Claresholm. FCSS is an 80/20 funding partnership between the Province, and the Town of Claresholm and the Municipal District of Willow Creek. This funding is intended to provide local preventative community driven social programs that encourage volunteer participation. FCSS offers the following programs, resources and support:
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program offers free tax return preparation done by volunteers. This program is for simple returns to assist low-income residents.
- Community Liaison meetings are hosted monthly to provide inter-agency connection and encourage partnerships and networking for area service providers.
- Community events such as the Family Day Skate are hosted by FCSS. FCSS also coordinates the annual Claresholm & District Resource Fair and Registration.
- FCSS attempts to match volunteers to needs of community programs through a Volunteer Registry.
- FCSS also offers funding assistance and a variety of supports to community projects and programs that fit within the FCSS funding mandate such as:
-Providing information and referral to services
-Family Day Skate
FCSS also partners with Alberta Mental Health & Region 3 Child & Family Services to fund a Community Outreach Worker that offers support to families and individuals in the following ways:
- Parenting Support, Resources and Education
- Anger Management program
- Supports to enhance self esteem
- Babysitting, Kids & Drugs, and other programs for youth
For more information, contact Claresholm & District FCSS at:
107 - 50 Avenue West
Claresholm, AB T0L 0T0
Email to: email@example.com
CLARESHOLM CHILD CARE SOCIETY - This society operates both the day care and after school / summer fun programs.
Claresholm Day Care
The day care is located on the south side of the Town Office located at 221 - 45 Avenue West. This facility cares for children 0 months to 5 years old, and has the license capacity to serve a maximum of 47 children. Hours of operation are 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays. Lunch and snack programs are included as well as occasional field trips (with parental permission) such as a walk to the library or the park. The aim of the program is to foster a child’s positive self-concept and a respect for the feelings, ideas and property of others. This facility is fully accredited and therefore subsidy is available to qualifying families. Call (403) 625-4543 for more information or fees.
Kidz Zone: After School Care & Summer Fun
This program operates from the modulars located just north of the West Meadow Elementary School, and accepts children ages 5 to 12 years old, and has the license capacity to serve a maximum of 37 children. Hours of operation are 6:00am to 6:00pm excluding holidays. To register or learn more more about programs, please call (403) 625-4151.
CLARESHOLM & DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION SOCIETY
The Claresholm & District Transportation Society provides affordable and accessible
transportation for seniors and those with disabilities. Call (403) 625-4455, or stop by the office at 119 - 49th Avenue West, Claresholm.