Click here for a listing of Grande Cache health contact phone numbers.
Grande Cache Community Health Complex has 10 acute care beds, 5 physicians, an Aboriginal Health Liaison, Palliative/Pediatric/Pastoral care, Physiotherapy, X-ray facilities and laboratory. The Health Unit maintains an office in the Provincial Building.
Other medical services include a medical clinic, a public health nurse, chiropractor, two physiotherapists and one dentist. The nearest full-time optometrist is located in Hinton or Grande Prairie, but an optometrist has an office in town which is open one day per week.
Specialized health services are available through the Grande Cache unit of the Mistahia Health Region and include:
- Seniors' Wellness Clinic: provides seniors the opportunity to discuss general health issues, blood pressure checks and other special programs that include exercise, diabetic information and teaching to name a few.
- Home Care: works in conjunction with the Wellness Clinic and addresses issues such as foot care, massage and physiotherapy as well as home visits to those unable to be out and about.
- Mental Health Clinic: provides family, individuals and groups a variety of support and counseling for emotional and family issues. It also has a walk-in clinic one day a week.
- Occupational Therapy: as needed from Grande Prairie.
- Nutrition Counseling: this clinic operates through the Grande Cache Community Complex giving advice for weight problems, eating disorders and other dietary needs.
- Speech Therapy: works with individuals that have problems with swallowing, speech impediments including stroke patients and other special needs.