The County of Grande Prairie and surrounding area is one of the fastest growing regions in Canada. The area was deemed as one of Alberta's small business hotbeds offering excellent opportunity for continued growth in new business in upcoming years (Bank of Montreal, 2003).
Some of the reasons why people enjoy living and doing business here include:
- A strong economy supported by a thriving oil and gas industry fueled by an abundance of energy reserves.
- An abundance of forest reserves to responsibly meet the needs of a sustainable forest porducts industry.
- Wordl-class agriculture production supported by exceptional farm land
- An abundance of serviced and unserviced land suitable for both industrial and residentail development.
- Unmatched scenery and culturally diverse communities with limitless opportunities for leisure and recreation.
- An abundance of clean air and water.
- Regional strength created from policies such as no provincial sales tax and low municipal tax.
- An established infrastructure including air, rail, and four-lane highway system that the municipality continually monitors and makes appropriate changes to meet changing demands of service.
- An exceptional quality of life with access to the best amenities, health services and community programs making the Grande Prairie Region an ideal place to raise a family.
The County of Grande Prairie is committed to providing its residents with top quality services, a clean safe and friendly environment as well as to remain globally competitive with the many products which we produce.
County Council works hard to ensure that the County of Grande Prairie remains a dynamic leader in Alberta and Canada. We hope that you will make the Grande Prairie Region home for your business and family!